Dr. Jim Cullen, Ph.D., R.S.W
Dr. Cullen is a (RSW) Registered Social Worker (registration # 320529), psychotherapist, consultant and trainer. His practice provides integrated psychotherapy using evidence-based interventions including but not limited to; cognitive behavioural therapy, motivational counselling, psychodynamic models, existential therapy, emotion focused therapy, brief solution-focused therapy and couple therapy. He works from a trauma & attachment informed, harm-reduction model of practice.
With over 20 years experience in working in mental health and addictions, he provides psychotherapy services for LGBTTIQ individuals, couples and their families. He also works with non-LGBTTIQ individuals who are allies to the community.
Dr. Cullen offers psychotherapy and counselling services to individuals or couples who may be experiencing difficulty with:
- Mood (major depression, bipolar I & II depression, persistent depressive disorder)
- Anxiety (social anxiety, panic attacks, generalized anxiety disorder)
- Addiction (substances)
- Process Addictions (gambling, hypersexuality, compulsive spending, internet and gaming, eating/food)
- Trauma (childhood and adult)
- Interpersonal Relationships, Intimacy and Attachment
- Conflict regarding Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Consultation and Training is offered to organizations working with clients who are experiencing problems with mental health and/or addictions.